7.08.2010

Household Finances : Which Bills Should I Pay First?

Morning television can be "light", but as far as personal finance interviews go, this Suze Orman segment from The Today Show is loaded with practical financial planning advice.

Titled "What Should You Do First?", Ms. Orman addressed the real-life, money management conundrums households face, such as:

  • Should I pay off credit card bills, or create an emergency cash fund?
  • Should I pay off student loan debt, or pay off credit card bills?
  • Should I save for a child's college tuition, or save for my retirement?

In 5 minutes, the segment covers a half-dozen scenarios like the ones above, explaining what to do, and why to do it.

Ms. Orman's style may not interest you and financial advice is rarely universal, but the piece is worth watching.

Watch the clip on the NBC website.

 

No comments: